Coco peat is a 100% natural growing medium. This coco peat dried in the natural sun, are processed to produce different items namely coco peat block, coco peat briquettes, coco peat tablets etc. Clean coir has natural rooting hormones and anti-fungal properties. Coco peat contains high amounts of lignin and cellulose that prevent it from decomposing and shrinking.
Uses of Cocopeat
Excellent growing medium for hydroponics and container plant growing
Advantages of using Cocopeat
1) The properties of cocopeat make it resistant to bacterial and fungal growth
2) Cocopeat holds water rather than shedding it like traditional peat does! It holds 6 times its weight in water
3) Cocopeat has the ability to store and release nutrient to plants for extended periods of time. It also has great oxygenation properties which is important for healthy root development
4) It has a pH of 5.2-6.8 which is neutral to slightly acidic. This makes it great for alkaline garden soils
5) Cocopeat can even be reused for up to 4 years!
6) It makes a great bedding material for worm bins! It’s actually good for them and increases worm growth by 25%
7) Cocopeat is very slow to disintegrate; it only begins to break down when it is 10 years old, long term benefits
8) It is very light and easy to handle
9) It can be combined with any of the normal ingredients and use as a mixer or a stand-alone product
Directions To Use
Immerse block in water and wait for it to expand. Once done, it’s ready to use!
Expands up to 6-8liter!